Jan 11th - Appt with Danielle for PT & MLD
Jan 11th, Friday - I had my appt with Danielle this morning for physical therapy. I am swollen again, but hopefully by next week, the side effects - the edema and the joint stiffness - from the Herceptin treatments will be behind me. Danielle concentrated her MLD (manual lymph drainage) techniques on the right side of my chest and really worked the axilla and the scar area of both my surgical drain site and where I had the lymph nodes removed - trying to break up the fibrous scar tissue and get the lymph to drain from that area. She works a bit deeper and harder than Gina, but the pain level still only gets up to a 5 out of 10 and I fell less congested after she works on me. My range of motion on my right arm is still only at 125 degrees for both flexion and abduction - so that's a bit frustrating to me.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home