Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jan 25th - Appt with Danielle for PT/MLD

Friday, Jan 25th - Danielle really worked deep into my right axilla area - I wore my mask again, but she could tell that I was making faces under the mask dealing with the stabbing pain. At least the pain was localized and not radiating down my arm. She talked about a new FDA approved laser that is being used on breaking up scar tissue. She's hoping to convince her boss at Hoag Hospital to install one. The only thing is, is that its an expensive machine, that is so cutting edge, that many of the insurance companies do not cover its usage. She felt that perhaps, I would benefit from that kind of treatment.

I gave her a little monarch butterfly magnet and a 'wildflower' plantable card, as a thank you gift. I wished her son a 'Happy 2nd birthday' tomorrow, Jan 26th.
She told me that the butterfly is the symbol of lymphedema - I didn't know that - interesting.
She gave me a hug and showed me a picture of her (2) blonde haired, smiley faced kids - very cute. I thanked her for the care she gave me while Gina was on maternity leave. I told her that I would show Gina the differences in technique that she had used on me - especially the muscle flossing. Gina returns on Monday to take over on my treatment. I was lucky that I had already booked my appts for Gina for next week - because as soon as people learned that she was returning, her schedule filled right back up - she is that much in demand. I'm glad to have met Danielle, who gave me her card at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach and told me to call if she could be of further help to me. Very sweet of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home