Up Early for a Clear, Cold Morning
Dec 23rd - I have my appt in San Clemente this morning to have my stitches removed from my face, along the top of my right cheekbone - its been a week since my surgery already.Its 42 degrees outside and clear for the time being, however there are more storm clouds right off the coast.I am glad to see that the weather is holding this morning, as to go the 27 miles down the 5 Fwy south, in the rain and heavy traffic isn't my idea of fun.
I filled out the form for the dermatology surgeon's office, which will allow me to get a copy of my surgical report, so then I can forward it onto my 'team of physicians', who then will forward it onto the National City of Hope Cancer data bank. It is something that I can do - the sharing of my ongoing medical history to help others with similar symptoms, and hopefully, to possibly let them avoid even some of what I have gone through and save their lives.
Post Appt Update: No problems with having the (9) little stitches removed from my cheek. Not really even painful. I have (5) little, mini surgical 'butterfly' bandages in place, as it continues to heal. They will just fall off in about 3 to 5 days. The nurse who removed the sutures /stitches, told me that Dr Shiell's used a long running stitch and then anchored the ends and then he put another top stitch in the center for additional re-enforcement. She said the scar will be light red for about (3) months and that even on a cloudy day like today, I should wear sunblock, as that will protect it from sun damage and allow it to fade to a fine white line, barely visible. After 3 weeks, I can start gently circular massaging the scar line to break up the excess scar tissue and let it heal flat. It's healing well, they removed all the skin cancer and that's all good news. I drove home with the storm clouds building, but the rain held off, which made for a pretty drive.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home