8 Weeks Done on Chemo & Weekly Blood Count
I had my weekly blood count check appt today. As expected - my counts for both WBC & RBC are low this week. But in comparison to where they were during this part of the chemo cycle for the previous two treatments - my counts are a bit higher this time and my hemoglobin was almost back to low-normal ranges already! The past 2 treatments have seen my counts return to normal ranges during this part of the cycle - just in time to knock them down again for the 4th treatment next Wed, Nov 29th - The last dose of this really aggressive round of chemo.I could tell the my RBC and hemoglobin were higher than before - as I can go up the stairs easily without getting winded and I'm not craving red meat and dark green vegetables quite as much. I am right where my doctor expected me to be this week - I am doing well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home