Nov 18th - Thanksgiving Plans Changed and Empty Nest
Dave and I were working on our computers, when our son Brent called - how about Thanksgiving at his and Adriana's apartment? OK.Brent and Adriana are excited to host their first Thanksgiving - so we'll bring the side dishes and extra chairs and we'll just go enjoy ourselves. All 3 of our sons and their girls, Dave and I and Adriana's parents, Maria and Rigo together for Thanksgiving - wonderful!
I called Jeremy and Justin to update them on the change of time and location of Thanksgiving.
Our sons are doing just what we hoped for them - living their lives, on their own.
Its been 3 months since the last one moved out. My life is very quiet now.
Two of my neighbors, Mark S. and Nellie are cancer survivors and in both cases, they were dealing with cancer and raising very young children - now that's really tough.
I don't have those issues, so I can just completely focus on healing - that's a blessing.
Evening - I called Mama and we set a new record for chatting on the phone: 82 minutes.
She said that Candice had set up her stereo system and repaired her fluorescent lights in her kitchen and bathroom, before her midday flight back to Georgia. Candice had just called Mama to let her know that she had already arrived safely in Atlanta. Mama, Heidi and Chris will cook and celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday, as both Heidi and Chris are working on Thanksgiving - both work for grocery stores.
After I got off the phone, I put in my new 'Chris Botti - Live' DVD - he's an amazing jazz trumpet player, who Dave and I first heard in concert when he toured with Sting in 1999 - anyway, if you like great jazz - you'll love this CD/DVD set. He got Sting, Gladys Knight and Burt Bacharach and several others to perform with him, and his band is first rate - I especially enjoyed the piano playing of Billy Childs. (I had talked myself out of getting tickets to this concert at the Wilshire Theatre in LA last December - so I'm thrilled that it is available on CD/DVD.) My favorite song on the CD : 'What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life?' , featuring vocals by Sting - its a beautiful rendition.
Dave was still transferring over files from his old to his new system and would be for quite awhile. He had transferred all of my files in 2 hours, granted all our photos are already backed up on a huge storage server - I take a lot of photos and movies - so that sped it up quite a bit - but its also the way we use our systems - Dave's system is his life, mine is an interesting tool - but then I can actually go days, even a week without accessing a computer - Dave can't be without access to a computer for more than a day without going into withdrawals.
I took my sleeping medication, as Dave was getting up early to go on the UCLA Toy Run tomorrow morning with our Harley Chapter and needed to get a good night's rest, even so I was restless and ended up sleeping in my chair in the livingroom - but I slept deeply.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home