Feb 28th - Chemo #09 Done & Port Study Ordered
Chemo Dose #09 - done. Still couldn't get a blood draw, so I'll have to schedule an appt at the hospital for a study of my portacatheter - it lets the chemo in, but won't let the blood draw out.RN Phyllis found a vein on the back of my left hand to do the blood draw this time - got it first time. I've been hydrating like crazy trying to plump up those veins. I went in to see my surgeon, Dr Curcio on Monday, Feb 26th and she gave me the order for the port study - to be used only if we couldn't get a blood draw - so here we go with more testing and then figure out what to do after we get the results. Dr. Curcio noted, with a tone of wounded pride, that this was the first time that a port that she put in didn't work at the beginning - sorry, I'm trying to be difficult on purpose, believe me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home