Monday, February 19, 2007

Post Op Appointment

Dave and I met with Dr Curcio this morning. My BP was 120/81, my temp was 97.4 degrees.
She gave me a Rx for the anti nausea medicine: Zofran, as that helped me stay ahead of the nausea last week after chemo. She recommended that I really hydrate tomorrow and that that should enable them to not only use the port for my chemo, but also get the weekly blood draw.
I am scheduled to see her again next week if the other symptoms don't go away - the tingling left arm and hand, the inability to lay down on either side. I thanked her again for 'leaving the needle in' after surgery - it helped make my last dose of chemo more comfortable going in.

We talked about the timeline going forward: finish chemo treatments on Mar 21st, continue 'Targeted' treatments on a weekly basis after that, MRI re-scan and surgery about Apr 21st.
We're still talking about radiation therapy after recovery from surgery. Dave and I got the OK to travel after I finish chemo. So we're traveling - after my 1st 'targeted treatment' and before my next 'targeted treatment'.

An observation about Dave: when he speaks with the doctors, he always refers to things as 'What are 'our' options?' 'What does this mean to 'us'?
I know this impacts 'us', its that fine line between us, as a couple, dealing with this; him always reassuring me that I'm not going through this alone and me dealing with this with consideration of being part of a couple. Its a 'support' role for Dave, not 'primary' and he has long been used to being 'primary', with me as 'support'.
However this time, the cancer is really first and foremost 'impacting' me.

I ate lunch early, as I'm taking my sleeping medication in the hopes of getting some much needed rest. I'm really tired this morning. We have the occasional rain shower now.

It President's Day Holiday today - so Dave is home. He has a dental recheck appt at 12 noon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home